Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scrap with V July Sketch Challenge

I discovered the  Scrap with V site and decided to participate in their July Sketch Challenge!


This was the sketch provided by Valerie Bishop . When I saw the sketch I knew what I wanted to do!! Now since I discovered this site last night I could not create the sketch using product purchased from their store... so I  used the product I received from my SGD page kit. This is what I came up with...

I choose the title of adventure because well having my three kiddies is an adventure :)

I had so much fun with this sketch it was great! I used the kraft color card stock for my back ground. Maroon card stock, which I used a small Fiskar's hole punch to give me hole effect like a note pad  for the secondary background. And I could help but use my new Tim Holtz ruler stamp!! it is very faint but it is on the top of the maroon cardstock near the holes! I cut pieces of Simple Stories Destinations cardstock for various pieces and inked the edges with  Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Maya Road letters were inked with the Tim Holtz Distress Ink  (vintage color) and sprayed with Tattered Angels Gold mist. The letters are from Maya Road ( Important lesson here ~ do not talk on the phone while trying to glue letters on~ I made a huge oops ~ glued my Maya Road A upside down and tried to remove it after the fact and the letter did not make it so it needed to be replaced another letter A from my stash.)

 I used the twine to do up the buttons provided and to attach my tags to the center button which I inked just a little. 



Now there is one section of the sketch where it asks for journaling, I thought since my page represented the adventure of having kids, I marked down each of their birthday's as the start date of my adventure with them. 
Now my personal goal is to do more journaling and this sketch gave me the chance to incorporate it! I cut out  tags using my Cricut framed the pictures with yellow and maroon cardstock and attached the twine to the button so that I could create "peek a boo" journaling. 

Here are my pictures :) 
and behind each tag a special little note about my motherhood adventure with each of my kids :) 

Of course my favorite pictures from Kaela visit her site here

I truly had a great time doing this sketch and playing with my new kit :) 
Thanks for stopping by :) 
Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)