Tuesday, August 2, 2011

SGD Crop

Hellooooo! 

I have to tell you I’m feeling like a V.I.P as I received a message this morning wondering how I was doing and why I had not posted in days???  Knowing I had gone to the SGD crop figured I would have sooo much to say! Well I checked and sure enough all my post where in draft so here they come. I decided just to update and incorporate the happenings of the last couple of days.

Saturday Crop at SGD ! My first was end of June and I loved it so much, my dear husband changed his whole golf tournament so that I could go to this one!!!  Still star struck with Sheila, Andrea and Lori since they make up my fabulous kits! Anja was there!!!  She also teaches as SGD and her cards are amazing!!! Again meeting the celebrities! I call her Copic Sue was there... (This lady can make cards and work magic with the Copics) and then there were some new faces for me anyways. There was Linda and Chris whom we shared a table, lovely, lovely ladies! Judy, Sara and Sara’s mom too very talented ladies. But I was in awe as Sara is Sara Webb who designs for Pebbles!!!!  Well the minute she told me who she was...oh dear god I was a babbling idiot! She gave me some great inspiration and advice!  I’ve signed up for the next crop on August 27th!!! I got most of my DT assignments for Let’s Scrap done too! And to top it off Andrea gave me my August card kit early!!! I felt like such a superstar! But then I did get to use the gorgeous kit to create my Mom’s birthday card!
Sunday the boys headed off to the big disc golf tournament and the kids and I spent the day outside playing in the pool. During quiet time decided to put together my mom’s card. Then realized I could not find my inks, scissors and stamper along with all my glues. I searched high and low and figured I left it in the car...Arghhhh you know when you are in the mood to create but you’re missing the tools!!! So checked all over the house for it just in case. Nothing! Then Dave came home, went to check in the car and OMG they were not there! Now I am panicking!!! My Tim Holtz inks, sander, glue, scissors gone!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so was not a happy camper! Yes, everything is replaceable but you know when you just like your stuff. Well still managed to create my card using other inks and tools (not the same) went for dinner came home to sulk. Decided to email Sheila just in case and well the scrapbooking gods were shinning down on me as she was at her computer and answered me right away! I went to bed a happy, happy girl!
So here is one of the pages I can show you! The sketch is from Cheri at Let's Scrap! It is Charlie playing outside using Echo Park’s Walk in the Park collection. All the papers and letters were used from the paper pack for the exception of the bling and then the ink which was Tim Holtz. I used my new Martha punch and voila. I have not decided which quote I would like to use for this yet...but I will eventually fill it in :) 
 
Hope you are having a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear you didn't lose your scrappy goodies after all! Love the way you did the title, so colourful and bright!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)