Friday, October 14, 2011

Healing through Creativity

Breast Cancer Awareness and Healing through Creativity


Posted on 10/14/2011 by creatingkeepsakes

In 2008, my life changed drastically with one phone call. I went from a happy-go-lucky 27-year-old to the daughter of a breast cancer fighter—news of Mom’s cancer definitely meant I grew up quickly.





Here's my mama, wearing her beautiful pink Survivor shirt at the 2010 Race for the Cure event.

I’m thrilled to report that Mom is a survivor and doing well. But her illness will forever haunt our family. For one, I now have a 1 in 3 chance of developing breast cancer. Scary thought, isn’t it? And, even if breast cancer isn’t in your family, you (the female yous reading this) still have a 1 in 8 chance of getting the disease. That’s what happened to my sweet mama. She had her lump for a while, she knew it was there, but she let it be, thinking not me—breast cancer isn’t in our family. Well, it has to start somewhere.



I love this shot of Mom and Pop holding hands as they make the Race for the Cure journey. It isn’t my goal to be Debbie Downer on our blog today. I just don’t want to see any of you go too long without getting screened. Now’s as good a time as any.



I’m also here to share how lucky we are to be a part of the scrapbooking community. So many incredible companies work to raise awareness of this disease that impacts so many. Through charitable campaigns, product designs, and project ideas, the scrapbooking



community is making a difference on this front. Here’s just some of what you’ll find available:





A sampling of some of the amazing products developed by the scrapbooking industry to support the search for a cure to breast cancer, as well as a few fun pink extras.

The image above includes products by:



* me & my BIG ideas (MAMBI)

* Karen Foster Design

* Making Memories






Win Scrapbooking Supplies

Whether breast cancer has impacted your life or not, we can all relate to the importance of healing. I hope you’ve found your own way of healing through your scrapbooking and creativity. If you need some supplies to get you started, leave a comment on this post by October 19. From the comments received, we’ll select one lucky winner to receive the beautiful assortment of supplies shown above (and below)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)