Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snowflakes**Flying Unicorn**Sketchabilities**Practical Scrappers


I will call this my multipurpose layout. It started off towards one challenge at the Flying Unicorn then headed towards another when I realized I was using transparencies in the form of snowflakes! Which is one of the 10 challenges for February you'll find at the The Flying Unicorn. Sandi C is hosting the transparency challenge. I needed a sketch to start me off and found Sketch #64 at Sketchabilities to help me out! Which initially caught my eye as Practical Scrappers was having a banners without triangle challenge. So I decided to use snowflake brads and a combo of snowflakes and buttons for one banner and mittens and buttons for the other banner. Now I worked very hard on this page, lots of distressing, layering, punching, using transparencies and embossing, die cutting snowflakes yes it was a process. But what can I say, I guess I was in a mood.

So here I did some embossing with one of my snowflake stamps. Added some stickles and well you can see where I made a boo boo with my spritzing. I recently took a class at Miss Art's Demystifying Mist with Sarah Webb, and wanted to give it a go! Great Class.
close up of one of my banners. In the sketch it looked like one circular doily so I decided to use my die cut snowflakes instead. Julie Winks also had a class on layering which I tried my hand at. Also clustering! My bigest challenge I love the look but never know how to completely achieve it. Alos never knew what to do with those sticker letters but after Alyssa McGrew class Cluster Muster, I added those letters with dimension to all my layouts!!! Whooo Hooo



My second banner with the buttons and mittens. 

using one of my corner stamps did some embossing. 

Here one of my transparencies tucked behind my layering of snowflakes. 



and on my picture another snowflake transparency. It was a really funny moment when I realized that I could participate in the challenge at Flying Unicorn because I didn't realize I had transparencies! 


My last transparency snowflake that I added a little stickles to. You can also see my snowflake brad used to hold up my banners. Thanks for stopping by! Can you tell I am not a football fan...I'm catching up on all my blog posting.

2 comments:

  1. Love how you've rolled so many challenges in to this fabulous page! Thanks for playing along at Flying Unicorn ..and as a former PS designer .. that is always near and dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, it's a beautiful page, somehow I missed it last week! Thank you for submitting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)